10 February 2013

Nutbars in Ferries

I just returned from a brief weekend visit to Port Hacking, south of Sydney.

More about that later, but today the ferry drivers in Sydney were clearly on something.  One in a rivercat chucking doughnuts in the water in front of me, just inside south head, as I was trying to furl the genoa.  WTF?

Another one stopped his ferry as we were both trying to pass Kirribilli Point, and drifted down on to me in an attempt to force me onto the rocks.  Yeah, I know you get right of way even over a sailboat, but seriously if I hadn't had my engine on and idling there would have been an incident and it would have been entirely your fault.

In the words of the immortal Bazza: I hope your chooks turn into emus and kick your dunny door down.

No comments:

Post a Comment